St Paul the Apostle Orthodox Church
24 Burke Road, Freehold, NJ 07728
732-780-3158
/ Weekly Message / His Hands Make Whole
His Hands Make Whole

Search this site

His Hands Make Whole

We have all probably heard the story of Job and how he was tested. After being tested, three of Job's friends come together to comfort him. They are Eliphaz, Bildad and Zophar. In Job 5: 17 - 27, we find Eliphaz giving Job some advice on suffering.

Behold, happy is the man whom God corrects; therefore do not despise the chastening of the Almighty. For he bruises, but he binds up; He wounds, but his hands make whole. He shall deliver you in six troubles, yes, in seven no evil shall touch you. In famine he shall redeem you from death. And in war from the power of the sword. You shall be hidden from the scourge of the tongue and you shall not be afraid of destruction when it comes. You shall laugh at destruction and famine and you shall not be afraid of the beasts of the earth. For you shall have a covenant with the stones in the field and the beasts of the field shall be at peace with you. You shall know that your tent is in peace; you shall visit your dwelling and find nothing amiss. You shall also know that your descendants shall be many. And your offspring like the grass of the earth. You shall come to the grave at full age, as a sheaf of grain ripens in its season. Behold, this we have searched out; it is true. Hear it and know for yourself."

According to Eliphaz's words, what is the reason for suffering? How do you think these words were received by Job, a "blameless and upright man," a man who lost everything except his own life? How would you receive these words? Why is the man whom God corrects happy? Are you happy and thankful when corrected by our heavenly Father?

Free Search Engine Submission

©2014 St Paul The Apostle Orthodox Church. All rights reserved.